Well let’s start by saying that none of us have a fountain of youth in our backyards, and if we did, we wouldn’t be experiencing all these newly acquired aches and pains of everyday life. In a perfect world, we would all be healthy and pain free. The problem is as we get older, we have been trained to go to the Dr. whenever we experience these pains and low and behold they hand you a prescription for some “drug” that half the time we can’t pronounce the name of and on top of that, have a million side effects. My wife and I are not proponents of taking prescription medications, and tend to just suffer with the pain. Once we took the leap and tried CBD, the benefits were an eye opener for us. We were always under the impression it was a form of an illegal drug and not something the “older generation” would use. Most often we feel “guilty”, like we were using something illegal. We did our research and boy were we wrong, hence the name of our company “Guiltless” Ganja. Upon doing more and more research, our finding was that this is not a product for just the “younger generation”, and actually may have multiple natural health benefit qualities for everyone.
Below we’re going to explain common uses and benefits of CBD for Seniors that you probably weren’t aware of. First, for those of you not quite sure what CBD is….
Cannabidiol (aka CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis, a plant with a rich history as a natural medicine going back thousands of years. The therapeutic properties of CBD are being tested and confirmed by scientists and doctors around the world. As a safe, non-addictive substance, CBD is one of more than a hundred “phytocannabinoids,” which are unique to cannabis and endow the plant with its robust therapeutic profile.
Now, let’s check out the uses of CBD for seniors and their findings after its use ….
- May ease Chronic Pain – 75 to 85% of the senior population in America is suffering from some form of chronic pain, and according to the CDC, Arthritis is found in 49 + % of senior citizens.
- May reduce inflammation – Studies have shown that CBD users have found a decrease of inflammation in their joints which resulted in alleviated pain without the use of prescription drugs that typically are found to have harmful side effects.
- May correct Interrupted Sleep – Experts suggest that this is caused by the shift in sleeping patterns as we get older, along with the chemical imbalance caused by medical conditions and prescription medication. Sleep is the period when our body flushes out toxins and restores itself. This interrupted sleep then causes other issues like stress, anxiety and a general imbalance in your body.
- CBD may naturally calm you and promote a healthier sleep pattern, and more importantly can help prevent the need to take harmful sleeping medications.
- May ease Mood Disorders – Between the mood swings and anxiety due to major changes associated with getting older – these disorders can quite often become greatly intensified.
- After numerous studies have been performed, it has been determined that CBD may have contributed to alleviating mood swings. CBD may potentially calm the mind, improve cognitive functions and alleviate stress. All things that none of us want to accept as part of the effects of the aging process.
In closing, CBD may be a useful, natural solution to many of our “aging” issues.
Checkout the variations of products out there and what work best for you. There’s a variety of products that you can choose from that vary from gradual relief such as capsules and gummies to the more immediate pain reliever such as topical lotions. Whatever you choose, be assured that CBD is a more natural way of life for everyone!